Formation of Olympique de Marseille vs. Tottenham, for the revenge of the Champions League: beginning eleven, summoned and substitutes
The workforce led by Croatian Igor Tudor hosts Spurs on the Orange Vélodrome with the hope of qualifying for the spherical of 16.
Olympic Marseille their classification to the spherical of 16 of the UEFA Champions League receiving the Tottenham Hotspur on the Orange Velodrome.
The workforce led by Croatian Igor Tudor must beat the Spurs of their fief because it difficult their choices within the competitors after dropping 2-1 in opposition to Eintracht Frankfurt in Germany, a consequence that left them backside of their zone with 6 items. In case of including three, it may very well be first in Group D if Sporting de Lisboa and the Águilas draw a draw on the José Alvalade.
If the solid that defends Alexis Sanchez It doesn’t transcend equality in opposition to Antonio Conte’s males and the Greens lose, they are going to shut their participation within the group stage as third and can entry the play-offs of the Europa League knockout spherical. A defeat would go away La Canebière’s workforce out of every thing.
“We play at dwelling, with our individuals and I belief our teammates. I am right here to make historical past with the membership, tomorrow, with the individuals and the followers at dwelling, we’ll give every thing to every participant on the sector”, declared the Marvel Boy in Press convention. “We have achieved issues properly, however we’ve not completed. Typically, every participant has to present extra to be second and combating with PSG. We have performed properly, we’ve not been fortunate as a workforce to complete,” he added.
Concerning this very important conflict, he anticipated that “the participant right here needs to be with the mentality of successful tomorrow, each participant desires to win, that is what you see within the locker room. The ambiance is vital to help the footballer and that he enters wanting to realize”.
Lastly, he recalled his time at Arsenal, a squad with which he scored three targets in opposition to the English in all competitions. “I’ve lots of love for Arsenal, I had a good time. When Arsenal beat Tottenham, everybody in London was completely happy,” he stated.
Alexis’ stats with Les Phocéens
On the native degree, the Olympians come from signing a 2-2 draw of their go to to Strasbourg and remained in fifth place in Ligue 1 with 24 factors, 11 behind the chief Paris Saint-Germain. In actual fact, they complete 4 video games in a row with out figuring out of victories. Whereas the Lilywhites soar to the Minots’ redoubt after defeating Bournemouth 2-3, ending a streak of two video games in a row with out wins that left them in third place within the Premier League with 26 integers, three behind Manchester Metropolis .
HOW TO SEE IT ON TV AND ONLINE
- Marseille and Tottenham’s solely earlier assembly in European competitors got here initially of this season’s UEFA Champions League, when Spurs received 2-0 at dwelling.
- Marseille haven’t received of their final 9 video games in opposition to English groups within the UEFA Champions League (D2 L7), their final win coming in December 2010 in opposition to Chelsea (1-0).
- Spurs have performed French groups away from dwelling on six earlier events in European competitors however have didn’t win all six (D4 L2). The one such recreation within the UEFA Champions League was in November 2016, in a 2-1 loss to Monaco.
- Having misplaced six successive UEFA Champions League dwelling video games between March 2012 and November 2020, Marseille have received two of their final three such video games (L1), together with the final matchday in opposition to Sporting CP. They haven’t received consecutive dwelling video games on this competitors since October-December 2010 in opposition to MSK Zilina and Chelsea.
- Spurs have received two of their final eight UEFA Champions League video games (D2 L4) – these matches preceded a run of three consecutive wins through the 2019-20 group stage.
- Regardless of at present sitting backside of Group D, Marseille can nonetheless end high of the group if outcomes go their method. Solely as soon as in 10 earlier seasons have Marseille completed high of their UEFA Champions League group: in 1992-93, after they lifted the trophy.
- Spurs have didn’t win of their final 4 away video games within the UEFA Champions League. If they do not win this match, it will likely be their longest run of video games with out an away win within the competitors.
- Marseille have allowed their opponents 9.5 passes per defensive intervention (PPDA) on common, the third lowest of any workforce after Chelsea (8.3) and Barcelona (9.3).
- Spurs haven’t scored of their final three away video games within the UEFA Champions League; the final English workforce to go the longest with out scoring away from dwelling within the competitors was Manchester United between October 2004 and November 2005 (5 video games – document for an English membership).
- Marseille’s Nuno Tavares has tried 48 dribbles within the UEFA Champions League this season, essentially the most by any participant. Nevertheless, the full-back has solely accomplished 27% of these makes an attempt (13), rating him 67th out of 76 gamers with 10+ makes an attempt.
Olympique de Marseille: Pablo Lopez; Chancel Mbemba, Eric Bailly; Jonathan Clauss, Valentin Rongier, Jordan Veretout, Nuno Tavares; Matteo Guendouzi, Amine Harit and Alexis Sánchez. DT: Igor Tudor.
Tottenham: Hugo Lloris; Cristian Romero, Eric Dier, Ben Davies; Matt Doherty, Rodrigo Bentancur, Pierre-Emile Kordt Højbjerg, Ivan Perišić; Lucas Moura, Harry Kane and Son Heung-min. DT: Antonio Conte.
Banking and summoned: To be confirmed.
Which publish did you want essentially the most?
Thanks for voting
The outcomes will seem quickly.